Thursday 30 May 2013

More craft show prep


Since I don't have access to a kiln right now, I thought I would make use of my time by getting everything else ready for my upcoming craft show.  The next one is an outdoor show and  I don't think my usual card stock signs will cut it for that one, so I decided to make some wooden signs instead.



I'm using the same paint colour as my "branding" sign, the same font, and the same method.
 In case you missed the first one, I just print off the word I want to fit the (scrap) wood,
 wrap it around to hold it in place,
then scratch it in (I use a pen so I can see where I have been) and fill in with a permanent marker since I am not all that great with a brush.




I decided that for each show, I will choose an item as the "Special Feature".  I left room on the bottom so I can affix each show's special.  I will probably use beige card stock for that part.
4 signs...total time: about 1/2 an hour for the 4.  Total cost: $0.00 - it was all leftovers.
-----
I have seen this:
all over pinterest, and although I can't actually get to the original picture - or tutorial - or whatever, here is the link to their website: Funky Junk Interiors.  Although I have seen it pinned on many "craft show ideas" boards, I have never seen another one...so I made one (let's just ignore the fact that it is hanging in my kitchen for this photo)...
I've been reading a bit about "branding" and that you should give your customers some kind of link to remember your name...
so I used the same font and colour as my sign for the actual word "Remembrance" (I think I might have to fix the R up a bit though).  Had any of you wondered where "Remembrances" came from, or am I the only one who does that?

This will hang at the back of my tent as a backdrop...with some other goodies that I will hopefully share next week.  Are any of you getting ready for craft show season?


2 comments:

  1. Oh, you just made me very happy with this post!
    This weekend I'm going to give it an try too with some wood.

    Thank you so much for sharing
    and warm greetings from Holland,
    xx sas

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! My mother and I are doing an outside craft show in August. I've never done an outside show before. Thank you for showing how to make the signs. I wanted to make a "Coffee" sign for my kitchen and have scrapwood and paint but had no idea how to get the words on there!! I'll be back to check your craft fair posts since I will need all the help I can get for August!

    ReplyDelete