Friday 4 May 2012

She's brilliant

My youngest sister and I have a kind of mental telepathy thing going on.  We have for as long as I can remember.  You know what I'm talking about, right...like when you are thinking of someone, and then they call just because...

So, Saturday, I was doing the laundry and French Onion Soup pops into my head, which was weird because I only make it in the fall and winter.  Well later on, my sister calls and asks if I could make her some of these...
handle covers, but to fit her french onion soup bowls.  AHA, that's where it was coming from!
 So I have felted a thrift store sweater (which incidentally N kept trying to run away with after it was felted because it came out so small)...and don't worry A...the colour is nicer in person than I could get with my camera, but I also have another felted sweater for backup.
And this is my test size...which of course, because I am who I am, I only tested after I had cut the whole stack...so then I cut another stack to make them just slightly wider.  It looks funny on mine, but she said 3 and a half to 4 inches should fit hers.

So now, of course, I still think she is brilliant because this will work so much better for the kids than a dishcloth wrapped around the handle.

Linking up with Wisdom begins in Wonder for Fiber Arts Friday (cuz it's felted wool) and Natural Suburbia for Creative Friday to share my sister's brilliance.

In other news...I am going to set myself a new challenge.  It has to do with food!  and gardening! and I still want to work out a few of the details (like the starting date, and the loop holes ha ha ha) but I will share shortly and see if anyone wants to come along for the ride.
Enjoy your day...I am off to my soaking wet garden because due to some special company this week, I am taking the day off of work. Weee.

7 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I can't even count how many times I have made a frittata or finished off steaks in the oven just to grab the handle while it is sitting on the stove top. Yup, not pleasant! I have recently started putting a oven mit on the handle, but this would look a lot nicer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and useful idea! I love felting, so glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's clever and oh so cute. I was thinking of French onion soup today myself--I've got some celeriac to add in, which is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea! Potholders are always going missing but these handles can stay right with the pots except at wash time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those handle covers! I need to go find some old sweaters to felt now. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a genius idea. I burn my hand on my cast iron egg pan every.flippin'.time. Genius!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant!! I too have had the nasty palm burn.

    I hope you had fun with your company. :-)

    ReplyDelete