Thursday 29 March 2012

Blue

I finally finished my legwarmers last night after 2 1/2 years on the needles...well, sort of...just need to weave in the ends.  A fair bit of ends.  Just in time to join over with Crunchy Catholic Momma for Stash Bash.  One project (nearly) done from my stack of unfinished works.  They are for the inside of my rainboots. 

And...they are blue...if you joined me last week, you will know that I am on a search for colour.  My house (and wardrobe) is predominantly beige/brown, grey, cream, or otherwise "non-colours".  I love it that way.  But I also need to add some colour to brighten things up a bit.  So, here we go...blue...
This little sits on my windowsill.  It used to sit on my husband's grandmother's kitchen table and was there every single time we visited before she passed away.  I like to keep it where I can see it.
Leftover cotton yarn from a pair of socks I made...
Disclaimer:  I did not even buy this yarn...the boys bought it for my birthday when I told my husband that the only way I would ever come out of the yarn store with something colourful would be if someone else picked it out for me.  I love it, and I love the socks, and I never would have bought it myself.
This is the brightest clothing I own...a t-shirt (from the goodwill...interestingly...I never would have even looked at it in a regular "big box" store) that I pair up with this hand me down skirt.  Cooky.
This is the colour of S's room.  He picked it (the black is chalkboard paint).  I thought I could live with it.  It grates on my nerves.  It is too jarring, but it is last on the list of rooms to be painted so I avert my eyes.  It is the only room in the house that has a bright colour.
Interestingly enough, one place I have no problem with colour is tissue boxes.  I re-use them for gift tags and a million other things (see the second half of this post) and I always choose bright colourful ones.  One step at a time, baby...one step at a time.

This is a good challenge for me.  What colour should I look for next week?

4 comments:

  1. Pink, definately pink! It is soooooo you! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, I cried! that blue bird you have from your husband's grandmother is the same bird on my window sill that was on MY grandmother's window for years. I got it when she passed away 7 years ago. I also have a red one to go with it. I am reminded of her gentleness every time I go into my kitchen.

    I say look for red! (but that's just because I am thinking of glass birds)

    blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the leg warmers. awesome job!! Love the little bird. Its so nice that you can see something everyday that ties you to your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, the bluebird of happiness! I have been coveting the one in the Chinaberry catalog...haven't indulged myself yet, though. And I have taken a peek at your etsy store and LOVE how peaceful and soothing the colors and textures are. Very lovely. I have taken a brief hiatus in my learning-to-knit venture, as making the communion dress is taking all of my creative time, but I might need one of those knitting bags when I begin again...

    So happy to visit again...

    ReplyDelete